EOS M: Rodney Dangerfield of mirrorless?

Started Aug 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
happypoppeye
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,789Gear list
Like?
Deserves no respect
In reply to EvokeEmotion, Aug 29, 2013

EvokeEmotion wrote:

Canon's mirrorless gets no respect anywhere, it seems.

I've been reading the other mirrorless forums and when people compare the different formats of mirrorless, the M is always dismissed, trashed and laughed at, if not blatantly ignored by non M owners.

When one of the regulars of the M forum try to defend it, they get the same treatment from these people as well.

I just wish Canon will strike back with a vengeance, releasing M bodies with blindingly fast AF, faster than any mirrorless out there, and other goodies. I also hope they release a slew of excellent EF-M primes and zooms with prices in line with the current EF-M lenses.

In other words, I want to see those arrogant M43 and NEX users drop their jaws.

Everyone does that everywhere on the different forums here. But, that said, the M does not deserve any respect with that AF speed ...and Canon should be absolutely ashamed of the M ...I think people really expect more from Canon than an AF system that is slower than anything two decades ago. I had one and couldn't take it ...just annoying.

...and that said, IQ is fantastic and, other than the AF, its a spectacular camera ...and for a lot of uses the AF is a non-issue for many people because it is very accurate, just slow. Personally, I think both Canon and Nikon need to wake up and not sure why you are so pro-Canon but m43 and NEX have their advantages and watch out for Panasonic, Samsung and Sony in the future if for nothing else than they have money ...lots of money.

The M deserves no respect except on the IQ. Other than that, you think it get respect just because its a Canon? F that...

happypoppeye's gear list:happypoppeye's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow