Let's be clear, the ONLY thing about E-M1 that matters is...

Started Aug 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Paul Amyes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,387
Like?
Re: Let's be clear, the ONLY thing about E-M1 that matters is...
In reply to peevee1, Aug 29, 2013

peevee1 wrote:

... its AF tracking speed.

If it can do reliable 9+ fps tracking with 90-20/2.8, it competes with $6,700 1Dx (+ $13K 200-400/4 1.4 Extender to replace that $6,000 90-250).

If it can only do 4 fps or not reliable, it competes with $1,500 6D or even cheaper 70D/D7100 (and loses to the latter for the sports, and there are other cameras like E-M5 which are perfectly good if you don't need sports).

This is one of those testosterone fuelled arguments like "my V8 is better than your V6". If AF tracking speed was important to me then I would have the 1Dx. But in in 30 odd years of shooting professionally it has never ever been something I am concerned about. Heck I didn't even use an AF camera until ten years ago. I'm more concerned about the haptics, exposure system, dynamic range, the flash system and how well video is implemented.

Also I choose not to get worked up about a camera that hasn't been released. The camera will be what it is and no amount of forum posturing will change that. Take a Bex and lie down.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow