Let's be clear, the ONLY thing about E-M1 that matters is...

Started Aug 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
micksh6
Senior MemberPosts: 2,562Gear list
Like?
Re: Speak for yourself only, please...I don't care about AF tracking speed. NT
In reply to peevee1, Aug 29, 2013

peevee1 wrote:

David Kieltyka wrote:

peevee1 wrote:

And you still going to buy $1,500 E-M1 over now what, $800 E-M5? Why? And are YOU ALONE, or a few strange fellows like you, enough to pay for R&D of E-M1 then??

Hey, I do get that some folks are incapable of grasping that the universe doesn't end at the tips of their own noses.

-Dave-

So, you decided to resort to personal attack instead of arguing your position in civilized manner. Well, FU then.

Why should he be arguing his position? There many definite advantages of E-M1 over E-M5 even not considering AF tracking. These should be obvious because these are mostly inherited from E-P5 with added VF-4, weather-sealing and PDAF for 4/3 lenses:
1/8000s shutter, better EVF and LCD, much smaller AF box, better grip and ergonomics, 2x2 control wheels, IBIS with auto-panning mode, customizable mode dial, Wi-Fi remote control, fast fousing with 4/3 lenses, even it's S-AF, plus I'm sure there is more that I didn't list.

For instance, there are no cameras cheaper than $1000 (except for E-P5) that can do 9FPS shooting with 1/8000s mechanical shutter, even without AF tracking.

If somebody doesn't appreciate these improvements and calls people who are ready to pay for them "strange", he/she definitely falls into "incapable of grasping that the universe doesn't end at the tips of their own noses" group of people.

And it's not personal at all because such group can be quite large. It doesn't matter whether you as a person belong to this group.

micksh6's gear list:micksh6's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow