EOS M: Rodney Dangerfield of mirrorless?

Started Aug 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jefenator
Senior MemberPosts: 1,384Gear list
Like?
Re: EOS M: Rodney Dangerfield of mirrorless?
In reply to EvokeEmotion, Aug 29, 2013

EvokeEmotion wrote:

Canon's mirrorless gets no respect anywhere, it seems.

I've been reading the other mirrorless forums and when people compare the different formats of mirrorless, the M is always dismissed, trashed and laughed at, if not blatantly ignored by non M owners.

When one of the regulars of the M forum try to defend it, they get the same treatment from these people as well.

I just wish Canon will strike back with a vengeance, releasing M bodies with blindingly fast AF, faster than any mirrorless out there, and other goodies. I also hope they release a slew of excellent EF-M primes and zooms with prices in line with the current EF-M lenses.

In other words, I want to see those arrogant M43 and NEX users drop their jaws.

I try not to be a hater or a fanboy for any particular make, or to sneer at anyone else's decisions. For my current requirements, I find myself very partial to mirrorless. With their more advanced, long-term commitment to mirrorless, Sony won my business, fair and square last summer (after 11 years of shooting Canon).

I would love to see Canon earnestly try to win me back. The fire sale on the 22mm kit was a nice little present, which I am enjoying. But for my main, serious shooter, Sony remains the strongest contender by far. The M does currently serve as a constant companion, but each candid shot missed and/or OOFd makes me take a harder look at the Olympus MFT alternatives.

It will likely be a while before my next big purchase. Hopefully in that time, Canon will step up their mirrorless game and make the decision difficult - I really would like that.

Jefenator's gear list:Jefenator's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS M Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow