Lightroom 5 Questions! Please Help! First Timer!

Started Aug 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RunOrDie226
Regular MemberPosts: 432Gear list
Like?
Lightroom 5 Questions! Please Help! First Timer!
Aug 29, 2013

Hello my fellow members,

I have just starting using Lightroom 5 and I have a few basic questions I am stumped on.

I was wondering why in the Library module, I don't see all of my preview's of my pictures. I see the ones that fill up the frame, but when I scroll down, I have to wait for them to load. But when I scroll back up, I have to wait for those pictures again. So how would I be able to show all previews? Also, regarding the Filmstrip, same situation applies. As I scroll to the right, I have to wait for those previews to finish loading, but when I scroll back, those already loaded previews have to be loaded yet again. I don't think it's my computer as I am using an SSD and i7 Processor.

Another question I had is that every time I open an image, I see the Histogram "calculating" and then once the picture finishes loading, the picture has the brightness, contrast, tone etc. all changed. How do I stop this automatic change and will stopping this automatic change allow me to see the picture faster, as it can be a pain opening thousands of images and waiting for each to finishing "calculating."

Appreciate the feedback!

RunOrDie226's gear list:RunOrDie226's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow