Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
frank-in-toronto
Contributing MemberPosts: 981
Like?
Re: Another Nikon Canada Refurb with dirty sensor issue...
In reply to Dave Sanders, Aug 29, 2013

Dave Sanders wrote:

I bought a Nikon Canada refurb from Henry's. It was fine at first but, now, after about 100 shots it is showing a number of oil spots on the sensor. That's a bummer, man.

I've contacted Henry's and will send one to Nikon Canada. Gonna be interesting to see what happens.

-- hide signature --

Dave Sanders

i doubt if it will be THAT interesting.  Henry's will do nothing but suggest you take it to Nikon for service.  (Altho they might offer a refund.)  nikon will clean it and return it to you.  you will shoot a bit and then either be happy or the dust/oil will return.  You will get to know the Nikon reps at the counter in Mississauga. Sooner or later they'll change the shutter.  and clean some more.  if you're lucky, the whole business will straighten up after a few thousand shots.  maybe 10 thousand.  it's hard to say.  immediately you should order the copperhillimages basic kit so u can begin cleaning the sensor yourself.  i do it.  it's not hard.

i suggest when you pick up the camera from Nikon, that as soon s you're outside, shoot an f22 image of the clear sky.  then bang off 2 or 3 hundred on cl and ch moving the body all around.  finish with another f22 shot.  compare the two after zooming in on the lcd.  go right back in if more bad stuff shows up.  this'll save you spotted images and a separate trip. good luck.  the camera is very good except for this issue. (again, i would never recommend this camera unless a rock-solid guarantee of return if dis-satisfied is given).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow