Choosing between Nikon D5200 or Sony NEX6

Started Aug 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Amamba
Contributing MemberPosts: 968Gear list
Like?
Re: Decide for yourself......
In reply to Caerolle, Aug 29, 2013

Caerolle wrote:

Yes, each of us has to decide what is important to them and what they want to shoot. The dSLRs I have used certainly achieve focus fast, like instantly, while my mirrorless takes longer, and often wont even get focus. On the other hand, when I compare the same shots from the two, the focus is always sharper on my mirrorless. If you have a camera that you can adjust microfocus, and are inclined to do that, I guess you can get there (except for zooms that have focus shift with focal length, or with stopping down), but I prefer my mirrorless, for what I do. If I was taking a lot of pictures of things that moved, I'd likely be more inclined to use a dSLR.

MFA only helps to calibrate lens to the body. It does nothing for PDAF area choosing a wrong feature to lock onto (nose vs eyes). I think a lot of misfocused DSLR shots is due to the way AF works. There's a reason why all the higher end lenses on CaNikons have full time manual focus ring. When I wanted to make absolutely sure that I got a sharp shot on my Canon DSLR (and if I had time) I would use magnified Live View and manually focus. Peaking makes it so much easier.

Amamba's gear list:Amamba's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow