What makes for a good all-in-one photo printer?

Started Aug 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,408
Like?
Re: What makes for a good all-in-one photo printer?
In reply to Steven Harlow, Aug 29, 2013

Steven Harlow wrote:

I would like to read your opinions and experiences. I have found Canon printers (MP 990, MG5320) (9600x2400 res.) to be around the top of those I have used. The Kodak hero 9.1 also has the same res. and prints nice photos, plus they have pigment inks. Hp 7520e also has the same res. now.

But I have found some lower entry level all-in-one Hp's phtotosmarts (c6380) and some lesser still printed pretty good photos, even the two ink cartridge ones.

So in your estimation is there a singe factor or combination of several that make a all-in-one printer better at photos than some?

I don't see a single factor. Given I have couple of dedicated photo printers, the main thing I look for in an AIO are ink costs, although quality is also a factor. In an AIO, I am looking for good output quality on stock paper and how large the cartridges are - because that is a major factor in ink costs.

On the pure photo quality aspect, the number of colors and the amount of bronzing and gloss differential are the most important things.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow