Discouraged by Pentax reliability

Started Aug 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
garyknrd
Contributing MemberPosts: 610Gear list
Like?
Re: Discouraged by Pentax reliability
In reply to leopold, Aug 28, 2013

I have the exact same experience as you unfortunately. I finally just moved to Canon. My K-5 button fell off. Focus issues. Just an extremely poor built camera. I bought a 7D and never had a problem. Now use a IV and it is unreal to say the least compared to Pentax.

And the so called Pentaxians are the real problem with Pentax. It is never Pentax fault and they always have a answer.

I think Richo will put an end to most of the sorry build issues I hope. But most serious shooters have moved on long ago. Pentax will never be close to the big guys. But I have fun buying one body every few years to play with. And use some Pentax glass with. But just for something to do. I know it will be poor compared the the others.

I know a few guys that use it strictly as a novelty now. Fond memories but that is it for me.

-- hide signature --

Presently living in Asia

garyknrd's gear list:garyknrd's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Pentax K-5 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Sigma 300mm F2.8 APO EX DG HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow