M43 seems more and more overpriced compared to NEX

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
JYPfoto
Regular MemberPosts: 295Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't think so...
In reply to papillon_65, 11 months ago

The EOS M with 22 pancake is a fantastic camera if you can accept it shortcomings.  For shooting things that do not move its great, I've seen many terrific landscape and architecture shots with it.  What it does not do well is shoot moving objects.  The slow AF combined with the blackout time makes it shooting anything that moves a guessing game.  And while yes you can fit any EF lens on it, most of the time it makes it ridiculous and way too unbalanced.  I don't think you'll find a single EOS M user say with a straight face that the M can shoot moving subjects effectively.  There's a reason why its so loved now, because of the fire sale.  If they had just improved AF and kept it at $699-899 it wouldn't sell.

It remains to be seen if Canon will even fully support the M in the US.  It says something by them not releasing the 11-22 here.  A system is not a complete system if there's only 2 lenses that are natively available for it.

JYPfoto's gear list:JYPfoto's gear list
Ricoh GR Sony Alpha 7 Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow