ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RoxanneY
Contributing MemberPosts: 563Gear list
Like?
Help comparing the a99 to Canon 6D
Aug 28, 2013

Hi all!

I have an a99 with the Sony 28-75mm lens and have been saving my pennies to get the 70-200 F2.8 and the 70-400mm G2 which will cost me roughly 3K. I'm finally have enough to purchase these lenses, but before I do I wanted to double check with you all that I'm making the right choice. I've seen a great package from Costco for a Canon 6D with 24-105mm and 70-300mm lenses for 3K and was wondering how it compares to the a99. I've heard that kit lenses aren't always the greatest, but I love the ones that I got with my a550 which I still use and love.

I feel that I'm at the point where I need to decide which camera brand will take better pictures in low light for my daughter's choral concert stuff. It's a big investment and I want to make the right decision, esp with all the talk that the A mount will be obsolete.

I recently took my a99 to LA and got some amazing results when I used it in the daylight. However when I tried to take pics of the moon with my Minolta 70-300 the results were not as good as my friend's who was using a Canon 60D 70-300mm crop. Is this just operator error?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Roxanne

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow