Let's be clear, the ONLY thing about E-M1 that matters is...

Started Aug 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
peevee1
Senior MemberPosts: 5,502Gear list
Like?
Re: Let's be clear, the ONLY thing about E-M1 that matters is...
In reply to jkrumm, Aug 28, 2013

jkrumm wrote:

I have an OMD and I do not have precise S-AF with it. It has a largish focus square, and the 14x magnify square isn't much better. The focus is fast with some lenses, and accurate if you know what exactly it is focusing on, but that's it. My E5 is far more precise. That's why I look forward to the EM1, to gain 4/3 lens precision and speed on a new body, and hopefully to gain real precision on m43 lenses.

The square size issue was solved a year ago in E-PM2 and E-PL5 and could have been easily added to E-M5 with firmware update. Smaller square obtained by magnification though is as small as it gets, how much smaller do you really need? If you think that DSLRs have PDAF sensors as small as indicated by the squares in the viewfinder, you are wrong too - they would not work reliably or quickly in low light (just like dedicated PDAF pixels in Nikon 1/NEX-5r/Canon t4i do not - exactly because they are too small and thus signal from them in low light has to have either extremely low readout/high exposure time, or be very noisy).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow