Choosing between Nikon D5200 or Sony NEX6

Started Aug 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Caerolle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,223Gear list
Like?
Re: The zooms are not dark hyenadog!
In reply to 120 to 35, Aug 28, 2013

I agree. I actually switched from NEX to Fuji X because of my frustrations with the direction Sony was taking with the NEX systems, most particularly the fast prime lenses. And, that they said e-mount would be low end, and A-mount high end, and if NEX shooters wanted better glass, they could always get the SLT adapter and use the A-mount lenses. No, sorry, not what I had in mind. I see people all excited about the 'A" series (way to confuse low-information camera users, Sony!), that they are excited and waiting for the A5000, A7000, and even A9000, and I shake my head. Based on what Sony itself has said, I would think A5000 is as high as it will go, and there won't be another NEX-7, likely? Instead, you will have A-mount mirrorless, starting probably at the 5 or 7 level. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Caerolle's gear list:Caerolle's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow