Let's be clear, the ONLY thing about E-M1 that matters is...

Started Aug 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
peevee1
Senior MemberPosts: 6,247Gear list
Like?
Re: Let's be clear, the ONLY thing about E-M1 that matters is...
In reply to jkrumm, Aug 28, 2013

jkrumm wrote:

Tracking speed has never been important to me with my E5 because it has always been not so great at tracking, so I don't rely on it.

And that is why most people who were willing to pay that kind of money bought 7D or D300s instead.

I won't be bummed if the EM1 is about the same for tracking. What I want is snappy, precise S-AF.

You have it with almost all m43 lenses now. Competitors have it with their lenses on any camera, even for $400. Number of 4/3 owners is low enough that neither Oly no Pany could keep 4/3 system going, and E-M1 is not even replacement for all of them, so for success it needs to lure new users, who cannot buy a better camera cheaper.

I suspect the EM1 might prove to be good at tracking when more of the "Pro" level m43 zooms come along, like the 12-40 and any future big brothers.

Will see. It will live or die on this one feature, if they indeed price it at $1,500 or higher. Because everything else is available on cheaper cameras.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow