Let's be clear, the ONLY thing about E-M1 that matters is...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
peevee1
Senior MemberPosts: 5,090Gear list
Like?
Re: C-AF is not the only important thing...
In reply to daddyo, 11 months ago

daddyo wrote:

Focus tracking may be the most important thing for you,

I am talking about me, only about E-M1 sales. I will not buy it in any case.

and it is important, but there are other important features -- including 4/3 lens focus speed and accuracy,

Accuracy is good enough now. Speed is most important for shooting moving subjects, and without tracking is useless anyway.

along with better EVF,

Competitors have it much cheaper than $1,500. NEX-6. Want to sell a camera for $1,500 - make it fast and low-latency, a few extra details over E-M5 do not matter anyway. How would you use those extra-small details for your composition?

WiFi,

EyeFi. $200 cameras, not $1,500. Useless anyway.

the new battery grip,

New is bad, meaning you cannot reuse the old one, adding another few hundred to the price.

and the higher flash synch speed.

1/320 vs 1/250 does not matter and would not make or break A SINGLE SALE. Anyway, cheaper competitor have it (GX7, E-P5).

Remember that Olympus is attempting to lure more professional shooters

For $1,500, professional shooters can buy 6D, and if E-M5 cannot do something 6D can, they will buy 6D (or cheaper 7D, 70D, D7100, $500 k-30...)

and 4/3 lens owners into the Oly m4/3 camp with the E-M1, and the features (among others) I mentioned are likely to be just as important -- if not more so.

Not a single one worth more than a couple of $, altogether maybe $10. Not a single one not available from competition for MUCH cheaper, so no sale.

Not to mention the 12-40mm and other fast lenses they are planning to release.

Let's not change the subject, I am talking about E-M1.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow