Let's be clear, the ONLY thing about E-M1 that matters is...

Started Aug 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dennis
Forum ProPosts: 14,119
Like?
Re: Let's be clear, the ONLY thing about E-M1 that matters is...
In reply to peevee1, Aug 28, 2013

If this new EM1 is intended to be the replacement for high end 4/3 bodies (via adapter) then I think Sony users ought to watch it carefully, because it's possible that in the future, Sony may move away from cameras with native A mount to only cameras with native E mount and adapters.

For Oly, I would tend to think they need AF performance that exceeds what 4/3 users had before with the last DSLR ... competing with pro DSLRs from Canikon probably isn't their goal right now.

I know that years ago, when I tried the original Oly Pen, AF with whichever m43 lens I tried via adapter was dog slow, and AF with Sony's SSM Alpha lenses via the LA-EA1 adapter (the one that uses the cameras own AF, instead of the LA-EA2 which includes the SLT PDAF focusing) is also very slow, so I think a lot of people in both camps (for that matter, even Nikon & Canon camps, knowing that mirrorless is probably coming to the DSLR mounts sooner or later) are eagerly awaiting some kind of proof of concept.  Even with no stake in the 43 system, I hope it's not just adequate, but really good.

- Dennis

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow