Started Aug 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,395
Like?
Re: Diffraction Effects in a Real Lens-Camera System
In reply to Detail Man, Aug 28, 2013

Detail Man wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

Know a lot or think they "know" a lot? Love it when the school boys come out to play!

The usefulness of the above "calculator" has been debunked a multitude of times on DPReview Forums. The most recent example of that was on this particular recent Open Talk thread here:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3520761

... on which I posted this (if you really want to get into the numbers that actually matter):

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51858399

It is a mistake to assume that some given website (including "Cambridge In Color" and "Luminous Landscape" must sure define shining "absolute truth". In fact, there are certain posters on these (as well as the LL) forums who actually understand these subjects well, and know a lot more more about these subjects than the offerings of many, many web-sites and web-blogs.

Complicated subjects cannot be easily simplified - and it is thus a mistake to wrongly assume so.

It is possible to better understand these subjects - but it is necessary to make the (non-trivial) effort of reading and thinking about and trying to understand what these folks are actually talking about.

I have provided you with a huge amount of specific and accurate information in the last few days, and linked you to even more reliable information. What Anders and Joe are saying to you is not untrue (though I do indeed think that there are just a few things in Joe's method of explanation that are well served by some further surrounding facts being mentioned).

All in all, there is much to learn before one can even imagine to begin to "teach" others about complicated subjects. Humbling it can be. It has been for me. It likely is for any intelligent participant.

DM ...

On DP Review?...really DM?...are you also inebriated  by the exuberance of your own verbosity?

Let's look at the other side of the equation:

It is a mistake to assume that some given website, including DPReview can define shining "absolute truth".

In fact, there are certain posters on DPReview are inebriated  by the exuberance of their own verbosity as well...

Correct?...

I learn by "concrete proof in the pudding"...there is none for the FZ200 being diffraction limited at f/2.8...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yep.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow