Diffraction Limit

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Alan_W1
Contributing MemberPosts: 680
Like?
Re: Steen Bay
In reply to LTZ470, 11 months ago

LTZ470 wrote:

One photo that had me scratching my head, shot of tripod, sharp center, blurred left hand side, and still on pane with subject:

I can't see a Turtle moving his head fast enough to blur? at 1/1000 shutter, just don't seem possible...

Same shot SX50:

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Pretty sure this is localised evaporation causing this selective blur. Its not always noticable on stills, but I very frequently have to deal with it when shooting video near water.

Shallow water, and with a subject being small/close to the surface is very prone to this selective degrading. Its intensity is very variable and continually fluctuates, depending on a number of factors.

I have a vast amount of "real world" examples of this { video, with frame grabs showing this type of very localised atmospheric fluctuation/degrading} which I could post, but suspect it could divert your thread somewhat {as this thread is likely to become a slide rule/calculator type of thread}, so shall leave it for another day/thread.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yep.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow