M43 seems more and more overpriced compared to NEX

Started Aug 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
walkaround
Senior MemberPosts: 1,035Gear list
Like?
Re: M43 seems more and more overpriced compared to NEX
In reply to jagge, Aug 28, 2013

jagge wrote:

And the cheap sigma primes are a super match for the aps-c sensor, not as much the m43.

The Sigma`s on the Nex`s really were seen as super, do you know why, it was because, at the time, Sony only made good lenses, not super lenses.

The same lens on a Panasonic or Olympus body was only seen as good, but they were comparing the lens against other M4/3 lenses and many of these were superb.

wow i still sometimes get suprised by the general extremely defensive nature of forums like this.

Its basically a fact that there is much more bang for the buck in the nex series, and they seem to intensify this competetive pressure, while the better m43 just gets more and more expensive.

The sony sensors are precisely what everyone raves about in m43, my guess is that the nex line has Sony sensors. For the cheap sigmas the point is that they have qualities on the nex line that they DONT have in m43. Specifically subject isolation.

So great sensor, some subject isolation at a price that cant be matched in m43 that is the point.

jakob

Well, the subject isolation is only a half stop better in the NEX, not very noticeable. I agree with your other points, although one buys m4/3 over NEX because of lenses, design, and usability factors. APS-C lenses are undeniably larger.

walkaround's gear list:walkaround's gear list
Canon ELPH 310 HS Nikon Coolpix P310 Canon PowerShot S110 NEX5R Olympus PEN E-PL5 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow