Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gary S
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,015
Like?
Impressions of the FZ70
11 months ago

Picked up the FZ70 today, stopped to shoot a few photos on the way home. I've only uploaded two photos to post. Didn't take very many, too hot & humid outside to go look for nice photos.

There's no way this camera could replace the FZ200, but we all knew that. The F2.8 aperture on the FZ200 is worth every penny of that retail price. You really get spoiled by that lens.

The FZ70 focus speed is fairly fast as we've come to expect from Panasonic, but it's not too good at picking up closer subjects after focusing far. Often required switching to Macro focus to get it. And that's a 3-step process on the buttons! You can get quicker at it but I missed that AF switch on the FZ150 and FZ200 barrel. Maybe assigning a function button would help. Haven't tried it.

This photo of the Lilies was the FZ70 at full zoom. After processing they look reasonably good. Lighting is key though.

I wanted to show the second photo of crops because the left side is the FZ200 with the LT55 attached, the right side is the FZ70. It's definitely resolving more detail than the LT55 gives me. Look at the lettering below, especially toward the right side. That's not even fully to the right, but it is to the right of center. I'm quite sure the Nikon 1.7x is giving people better results than my LT55.

I'm basically mixed on the camera, have to shoot more. I'm also interested to see what Canon releases to replace the SX50.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow