Only Me? Is Sigma lens snug or wobbly on your Pentax K mount?

Started Aug 28, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,912Gear list
Like?
Only Me? Is Sigma lens snug or wobbly on your Pentax K mount?
Aug 28, 2013

I've noticed on the Sigma 100-300 f4 and the first version of sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 that there is a bit of wobble as to how the lens situates in the camera mount. It's not a snug fit on my copies compared to pentax or tokina lenses for instance. What say you guys? what is your experience?

Are there only some copies that do this or is it more of more widely seen phenomena?... Sigma does reverse engineer - maybe Sigma needs to come only close to escape the wrath of khan

I'm also feeling for Ron who has had so much trouble with his sigma tele's, which I don't own myself.

I've always noticed this wobble with my two sigmas, one 17-70 which was stolen three years ago. I used it on K10 and k7, both with the wobble. The 100-300 f4 DG EX on K5 wobbles exactly the same way.

If you have sigma lens/es can you check them and compare to your other brands?

My remaining 100-300 zoom and the previous 17-70 work/ed ok otherwise, but that sloppy fit never seemed like a great thing.

Only me?

TIA

Nic

-- hide signature --

History would be something extraordinary, if only it were true. Leo Tolstoy
Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media.
Noam Chomsky
Science... became scientism, which means it didn't just pursue its own truths, it aggressively denied that there were any other truths at all... Ken Wilbur
At any given moment, there is a sort of all pervading orthodoxy, a general tacit
agreement not to discuss large and uncomfortable facts… Anyone who
challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising
effectiveness. - George Orwell
“It's not a matter of whether the war is not real, or if it is, Victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. … The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over [the purported enemy], but to keep the very structure of society intact.” George Orwell, 1984
- - -

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RonNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow