Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Alpha Tech
Regular MemberPosts: 406Gear list
Like?
Re: probably Adorama's lovely policies
In reply to JerryDavis, 11 months ago

JerryDavis wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

Adorama is well known for reselling Used items as New. I recently placed an order with them only because B&H was out of stock. When I checked my order history I found that over 4 years had passed since my last order. I had stopped buying things from Adorama because of their deceptive practice. It might be another 4 years before I order from them again.

I'm very surprised to hear that. Could you possibly email me your order number(s) so I can investigate this?

-- hide signature --

Jerry Greenbaum
Adorama-Supervisor

And I am very surprised that it is news to you. On the other hand, you provided the expected response from a retailer, so I should NOT be surprised.

I am not going to research old orders for you. But what I will tell you is this... Over $7,000 of my money went to your competitors again this year, and 2013 is not over. STOP selling Used items as New! You can stay in denial and claim this practice is not occurring, or you can keep losing business.

Then again, I am sure it is more cost effective for Adorama to sell used equipment as new and lose some customers, rather than to process more returns and have more losses. Either way, I am done with this discussion.

Alpha Tech's gear list:Alpha Tech's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow