M43 seems more and more overpriced compared to NEX

Started Aug 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alexis D
Regular MemberPosts: 388
Like?
Re: M43 seems more and more overpriced compared to NEX
In reply to Manip16, Aug 27, 2013

I agree. Smaller things cost more, if they are just as good. In this case, they (camera+lens) are even better

I believe, M43 is doing better than the other mirrorless systems, in spite of the higher prices. That shows that quality, in a small package, is still important.

I would rather that Panasonic and Olympus keep getting better and better products, like GX7, E-M1, 75mm, 12-40mm, .. out for their top products than just cater for the bargain hunters. The lower-end market is being lost as smartphones get better. So they have to move up market.

I think there is unrealistic expectations here, if you want the best and just pay the same as other less well spec'ed cameras and lenses. You can't expect to get a weatherproof camera with a huge VF-4 viewfinder, 1/8000 sec shutter etc for the same price as a NEX, do you? You can also compare lens quality. Only the Zeiss E-mount lenses can compare with the quality M43 lenses and how much do they cost? and weigh? And how many really fast lens and zooms are there for NEX? You can't have your cake and eat it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow