Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
jagge
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,829
Like?
Re: M43 seems more and more overpriced compared to NEX
In reply to Manip16, 8 months ago

Manip16 wrote:

Smaller things cost more money.

This is not new and shouldn't be surprising. There's a reason an iPhone costs more than most consumer laptops even though it "does less." Are you going to start comparing an iPhone and a laptop and say "the CPU on the laptop is faster, it has more RAM, it has more storage, the iPhone is overpriced!"

You got to be kidding. This is propably the worst analogy i have ever come across, seriously...

I cannot think of a single example in electronics where the smaller thing that does the same as the larger version costs LESS. It always increases the price. This is because smaller things are harder to manufacture and require more R&D to even get to that stage. I mean how much new tech' does a E-M5 or GH3 have in it relative to this year's SLR releases? Because I can think of tons of new Olympus and Panasonic innovation but if I compare last year's Canon Txi to this year's Txi there is almost no difference at all.

Ehhh did you at all read my post. The nex line is off course every bit as innovative as the M43 AND its every bit as small, so you dont make ANY sense at all.

Jakob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow