M43 seems more and more overpriced compared to NEX

Started Aug 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Olymore
Senior MemberPosts: 1,166
Like?
Re: M43 seems more and more overpriced compared to NEX
In reply to jagge, Aug 27, 2013

If you think it's overpriced then buy into the system that you think is fairly priced.
If you prefer m43 then it is worth more to you than the other systems.

Personally I think that M43 is now starting to produce higher quality, better built cameras after a spell when many cameras were cheap and plasticky and built down to a price.

This is more like cameras were in the 1970s and 1980s film days when they had engineering integrity rather than disposable electronic devices, and they were expected to last a long time

As the sensors have reached a level where they are good enough for me, this is welcome news and I don't mind paying a premium for a well crafted camera that I feel good about owning.

I own a G3 as well as an E-M5 and though it is a perfectly fine little camera it doesn't feel special and doesn't inspire me to go out and take photos

The E-M5 was to me a transitional camera where there were a lot of faults and QC standards were not up to the standards you would expect though if you got a good copy..

I haven't heard any complaints about build quality with the E=P5 or GH-3 and I hope that the E-M1 and GX-7 will be the same.

To me, a camera should feel special and it is that quality that makes four thirds users still post about their experiences with the (expensive at the time) E-1 camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow