FZ200 Diffraction Limit - Panasonic Tech Service

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,395
Like?
Re: FZ200 Diffraction Limit - Panasonic Tech Service
In reply to sherman_levine, 11 months ago

From what I can tell they are doing some tricks with the zoom lens now...how does your FZ200 lens work?

When you zoom wide what does the lens actually do? Does it zoom all the way in and then back out slightly?

I noticed that the RX100 does this and I think its to do with diffraction limit and avoiding it too soon with the new lens/cameras...when you zoom the RX100 out wide the lens zooms all the way in then back out a few MM...if you zoom it back to point where it is the most retracted on the camera the frame is actually narrower than when it moves out a few mm...so there is some serious technology going into these cams, and of course you can see it in the prices as well...

They are doing something to offset the diffraction and the old calculation that everyone is using are wrong when utilised for the newly designed zoom lens?

Would like to know myself...

The also why does Panasonic use f/4 when you switch to Teleconversion Mode on the FZ200? Which is also a tell-tale sign. Panasonic have been designing cameras and making lens for sometime, and there is a Method to their Madness...

Interesting to say the least...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow