Veteran MemberPosts: 4,910Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-5T keeps design mistakes from NEX-5R
In reply to kam_wa, Aug 27, 2013

kam_wa wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

straylightrun wrote:

You can't simply feel the buttons?

No you can't because they are smooth and flush with the camera back - the buttons on the original 5 are slightly textured and protrude slightly from the body so can be felt as well as seen

Not sure what you mean, but when I run my thumb over the buttons I can feel them and when you press down you can feel the button being depressed. And if you have the screen tilted you can find the buttons even easier, they're just to the right of the right-angled edge now exposed. Unless you have very big thumbs or are less sensitive feeling. And if you still can't find the buttons, you can always use the touch screen for the corresponding option.

If you are holding the camera at waist level with the screen tilted up as most of us do (check preivous forum threads on how the NEX-5 is held - this is the most stable position) then the screen somewhat masks the buttons and the visible area of the buttons becomes small because of the shallow viewing angle.  With the silver buttons of the original NEX-5 I had no trouble finding them - it is not the same situation with the black buttons

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow