Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 10,934Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-5T keeps design mistakes from NEX-5R
In reply to Russell Evans, 8 months ago

Russell Evans wrote:

kam_wa wrote:

May be they're impossible to find by eye if it was dark, but as with my point above, you can still feel for the button or you can use the touch screen.

Do you ever wear gloves? It gets into the high twenties here in the winter, so I shoot a lot wearing spandex running gloves, which are pretty thin, but still impossible to feel the buttons through. I also use an EVF and don't really want to remove my eye from the finder to hunt for soft buttons on the LCD. I think it would really improve the cameras if the buttons where changed.

I would also really like if Sony had an option to reverse the buttons. A setting that allowed the functions normally found on the bottom button to be moved to the top button would be a tremendous improvement, IMO. The top button is so much easier to find for me, and all it carries is access to the menus, returns and exits. It seems such a waste.

Thank you
Russell

Nobody has reviewed the 5T yet, because it was just announced. But I had heard that there were a couple of changes to how the menu operates and is accessed, over the previous NEX-5R.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-3 Nikon 1 S1 NEX5R Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow