Why is Nikon digging a hole for the N1 system

Started Aug 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Aspenz
Contributing MemberPosts: 711Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is Nikon digging a hole for the N1 system
In reply to Stephen, Aug 27, 2013

Stephen wrote:

J3 cost £540 and the sony rx100 is£391 for those who dont intent to change lenses and want a smaller package this is no brainer .

Not really the best of comparisons since the J3 is newer and quite different in what it serves. Sure, if you're gonna just get a camera that does the certain things you prioritize the Rx100's good this way. But the N1 is not just a camera, it's buying into a system- one that's really fast, lightweight with tremendous coverage of range and image quality that's at least at 85% of its much heavier and bigger DSLRs-cousins. I guess that's where some of the price goes to.

Nikon must take action on price otherwise their N1 sales will keep declining.
Your thoughs are welcome this is not to bash the N 1 system as I still own my J1.but just some constructive criticism
cheers

Mirrorless sales are on an inevitable decline anyways. I do suppose one tactic is to launch newer models at low prices so as to get people into the system, realize it's good, and invest into lenses. But J3 is fairly new and 540 doesn't seem too much to ask for.

Aspenz's gear list:Aspenz's gear list
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow