Started Aug 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,709
Like?
Re: NEX-5T keeps design mistakes from NEX-5R
In reply to straylightrun, Aug 27, 2013

straylightrun wrote:

You can't simply feel the buttons?

No you can't because they are smooth and flush with the camera back - the buttons on the original 5 are slightly textured and protrude slightly from the body so can be felt as well as seen

Ken Rockwell also complains about this (not that I have much time for him generally):

http://kenrockwell.com/sony/nex-5r.htm

quote:"Poor is that the two main menu buttons (the little ones near the top and bottom right of the rear LCD) are impossible to find by feel. They are flat black buttons flush with the flat black rear of the camera, so not only can't they be found by feel as you're looking through the viewfinder, they are also nearly impossible to find by eye while shooting with the rear LCD."

So it is a valid criticism from a known review site in the public doman and Sony have done nothing to fix it, even though a fix would be trivial (revert to buttons on NEX-5n etc)

Sure, it's not totally the end of the world (though surprisingly annoying in practice - and one of the reasons I still prefer my NEX-5 in many ways to my NEX-5R) but my point is the lack of changes in this supposedly 'new' camera release - are sony just trying to charge their customers many hundreds of dollars for a firmware upgrade?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow