Started Aug 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
dpmaxwell
Regular MemberPosts: 406Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-5T keeps design mistakes from NEX-5R
In reply to parallaxproblem, Aug 27, 2013

parallaxproblem wrote:

dpmaxwell wrote:

No offense but these seem like pretty minor complaints to me. "Horses for courses", etc.

I don't see the 'Horses for Courses' bit as neither the eyelets or the button colour situation bring anything positive to people with different requirements than me - they are genuine design mistakes (worse, they are conscious changes from the earlier model - ie. very incompetent design)

I've got a 5R and can tell you these are very annoying when you actually have to deal with them (Ken Rockwell also complained about the invisible soft buttons in his NEX-5R comments)

But what I was drawing attention to was how there isn't really any hardware upgrade at all with this camera as they haven't even fixed these issues. Differences are basically just firmware

In such circumstances, an equivalent 5R upgrade should really be mandatory - otherwise Sony are basically trying to sell a firmware upgrade for $550 (body only)!

Oh sorry, on second look, you are right - they are genuine design "mistakes".  I stand corrected.  Also mistakes on the Fuji x100s, the Oly OM-D E-M5, the Nikon D600, the...

Sony designers are morons.

-- hide signature --

*Disclaimer: the above post is just my opinion. No offense was intended. Please don't freak out - I'm just some random dude on the internet.*

dpmaxwell's gear list:dpmaxwell's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow