New camera for a multi-mom. Sony vs. Lumix

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
dave74
Regular MemberPosts: 190
Like?
Re: New camera for a multi-mom. Sony vs. Lumix
In reply to Lottis, 8 months ago

Lottis wrote:

Hello, at the expense of being truly honest and putting it out there here I go. I thought I was ready for a DSLR type camera and so purchased a Pentax K-50. Well, one week into it and I am overwhelmed and realizing I need way more time to learn about photography; something I do not have. So onward I go. For wildlife pictures, hunting, kids action, stills, low light, outdoors adventure travel; I need something. My eyes are going crazy comparing model after model. down to a couple..please help. Cyber shot DSC - HX50V vs. Lumix FZ70k. Zoom is important but I want quality images. any advice would be much appreciated.

For travel I find the Fuji X-10 close to perfect (if any one camera can be). Excellent quality with its 28-112 zoom, enough pixels to crop and print up to 8"x12", small and light, easy to carry around all day plus a viewfinder. Macro is magnificent!

The downside is the viewfinder is a tunnel so you can't be certain of the focus point even when it chirps at you...I aim to upgrade to the X-20 whose V/F has an electronic overlay with this focus feature. Check the Fuji review at DP Review, lots of good info.

And if I had to go back to an SLR it would most likely be a Pentax, tough and waterproof and lenses that can be borrowed from my son.

-- hide signature --

Ask anyone over 60 how's it going and they'll tell you 'so far, so good!'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow