Started Aug 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
miketuthill
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,019Gear list
Like?
Re: If Apple abandoned Aperture.....
In reply to MikeFromMesa, Aug 26, 2013

MikeFromMesa wrote:

Alpha Doug wrote:

There is a "freeware" program called Handbrake that will make almost any conversion known to man with any type of video file. Seems to be the program of choice for those trying to transcode any video file from one format to another.

I downloaded and installed this on my Mac but, as far as I can tell, it will only create output video files of MP4 and MKV formats. It will not produce MP2, avi, mov or VOB formats. Perhaps it will accept them as inputs but I have not seen any way to produce them. I will look through the documentation but the only selections on the output video formats are MP4 and MKV.

If I want to create a dvd based slide show I need to be able to create VOB formats.

This is a little off topic but you may wish to check out this free open source burning software:

http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

miketuthill's gear list:miketuthill's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow