Stap or Sling as Alternative to Tripod Bag?

Started Aug 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Cliff Fujii
Senior MemberPosts: 2,741Gear list
Like?
Re: Stap or Sling as Alternative to Tripod Bag?
In reply to bravozulu, Aug 26, 2013

It all depends on how you set up the strap. I kept my a little snug to prevent shifting and I didn't have any issues. Don't forget, my photojournalism days are behind me so I carry a tripod around for touring.  I'm really paranoid about carrying around my tripod in the open because it's carbon fiber and if you cut the strands, it materially weakens the tripod.  In a touring situation, I never had any issues about banging the tripod into anything.  I later put on bicycle foam handlebar grips (I purchased them in 3' lengths and cut them down to size).  Now I don't worry about messing up the carbon fiber legs.

The ThinkTank Urban Disguise allows for optional attachment straps to secure a travel tripod to the bottom of the bag. The attachment straps also provide for additional capacity by allowing you to attach a couple of modular, skin, or multi-media accessories to the side of the bag. I have an Urban Disguise 40 (v2.0) and it works great as a grab bag for those short trips. I can place my D800, 24-120 f/4, 50 f/1.4, SB-900, and even some clothes. I prefer the bags that allow waist straps with shoulder straps so as to distribute the weight more evenly. My Gitzo G1128 with it's Arca Swiss P0 head will strap to the bottom of the case.

You can add the optional Think Tank Shoulder Harness V2.0 and turn the Urban Disguise into a back pack

-- hide signature --

Cliff

Cliff Fujii's gear list:Cliff Fujii's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +51 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow