Sirui: How to attach center column to built-in Monopod for extra height?

Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
HomoSapiensWannaBe
Regular MemberPosts: 256
Like?
Re: Sirui: How to attach center column to built-in Monopod for extra height?
In reply to RichyjV, Aug 26, 2013

RichyjV wrote:

The X refers to the carbon fiber model, as opposed to the aluminium: its easy, it works, none of the tools are required.

Unscrew the hook part from the bottom of the column to allow it to slide out. Having removed that separate the long column from the short. Screw the long column into the top of the detachable monopod leg. Remove the part with attaches to the ball head from the short column and put it on the long column instead. Done, quick easy.

-- hide signature --

Regards
Rich

Thanks for the reply.

As I explained above, this doesn't work for my M-3204. The thread pitch for the spring-loaded hook insert that goes into the bottom of the column is finer than for the ball head attachment, so they can't mate together.  Perhaps I got an older stock and they have since changed to the same thread pitch?

Do you have an M-3204 or do you have a different (smaller) model and assume they are all the same? Some of the smaller models definitely allow coupling the center column atop the monopod.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow