Started Aug 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ormdig
Contributing MemberPosts: 737Gear list
Like?
Sirui 3004 (aluminum) + Arca-Swiis P0?
Aug 26, 2013

Hi, I am on a limited budget looking for a decent tripod set up for my D800 with the heaviest lens the Nikkor 70-200. I also use the 24-70 and I do macro with the 105m. Aluminum is fine for me as I don't care about weight and there is very little wind where I live and if using live view I can wait for any movement to dampen down. Also I want a very stable tripod. Being new to this I am not sure what is compatible with what.
  I would like to keep it at $600 or less if possible. I have been reading the various threads here and elsewhere and haven't found my exact situation so decided to ask you folks. Are these two items compatible with each other and are they what I want? This will be for landscape and portrait use, I don't do video but might want to give it a try at some point. I was also looking at the Sirui K-30 ballhead. What I have read about the P0 mentions the aspherical ball causing increased friction as the head is moved down reducing the likelihood of it flopping, thus my interest. Also how do I determine whether to use the Slidefix system or get a different quick release mechanism if I get theP0. And last, what plate do I want for the D800 with grip. Can I use the same plate for the camera and the tripod mount on the 70-200 or do I need one for each.

Thank you

-- hide signature --

Pete

ormdig's gear list:ormdig's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +6 more
Nikon D800 Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow