Started Aug 26, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GShap
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Lens vs. Photo software
Aug 26, 2013

I've recently come across the newest lightroom and nik efex suite and was absolutely blown away by how much one can improve and enhance raw photos.

New to the digital game, I own a 60d with 50mm 1.8 and Tokina 11-16 2.8 lenses, and am interested in purchasing a lens for the length in between (prime or zoom).

SO, MY MAIN QUESTION IS ---- How much can these photo editing softwares boost the image quality of a photo in relation to the lens the picture was captured on?

FOR EXAMPLE - Can a raw image taken on a 60d with the nifty fifty become boosted to the image quality of say a 50mm 1.4 or 1.2 after processing it thru lightroom or other similar softwares?

Basically I'm asking, when one wants to capture the sharpest photo possible, does glass still matter as much as it used to? Or can one make a kit lens look like a thousand dollar lens by simply enhancing the photo taken thru the newest photo editing softwares?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow