Great Blue Heron as a first subject for new D7100

Started Aug 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
GregWCIL
Regular MemberPosts: 165
Like?
Re: Great Blue Heron as a first subject for new D7100
In reply to keiththom, Aug 26, 2013

keiththom wrote:

What "post processing program would you recommend? I received View NX2 with the camera and also downloaded a trial version of Capture NX2. Will either one of these programs remove noise?

I also feel a bit handicapped with the 70-300 f4.5-5.6 lens. The faster lenses are SO expensive!

Maybe someone else will jump in with comments on NX2 and Capture. I guess I got that with the camera but I bought and use Lightroom 5. I really like it and it is very powerful. But, I can't say what you have won't do what you need.

If you hang around here in various forums, you can learn much. Plus, if you google digital noise reduction, I'm sure you will find lots of YouTube and online instructions on post-processing techniques. The next step, if you are serious, might be to find a local junior college course. Many of them combine learning camera technique with post-processing.

I know what you mean about handicapped with lens. I shoot a D800 and my longest is my 70-200 with 2x converter. Since you are shooting a DX frame camera, you actually have more reach. Your 300mm is the equivalent of a 450 on my camera.

The new 80-400 lens wound have nice reach on your 7100.

-- hide signature --

greglepper.zenfolio.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow