Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Carl Maiorino
Senior MemberPosts: 1,851
Like?
I Will Say This...
In reply to Bing Chow, Aug 26, 2013

...It seems an awful lot of people are posting about oild/dust after the "white wall test" at f16 and smaller.

How many of them tested their other cameras like this?  My D90 is maybe the only camera that *might* have passed this test...my D3, D700, and D2Hs wouldn't stand a chance...they would show both oil spots and dust spots.

How many people would even know they have an issue if they didn't look for it?  I see alot of images like the one the OP posted (and I agree that shouldn't happen with a new camera) but can he or any others post a normal image to see if the spots are still visible?  My point is that my D700 looks very clean until I go looking for spots.  My D3 will show them even at f5.6 on a white wall or blue sky but they are very faint and easily cleaned up in seconds in post.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't think this is a new problem...I think alot of the occurrences of it are people who are really looking for it specifically for the first time.  Maybe alot of long-time users have just gotten used to having to deal with it like dust on negatives while printing in the darkroom...I do NOT miss that little bottle of SpotTone.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow