Started Aug 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
jpark1982
Regular MemberPosts: 120
Like?
Re: Olympus E-P5 - Help with choice of kit
In reply to Daniel, Aug 26, 2013

Daniel wrote:

Hello

My first request for advice post. I am looking to purchase an Olympus E-P5 off Amazon JP (Japan). There are two kits, that I know of, available with the VF-4 which I want.

One kit comes with the 17mm f1.8 while the other comes with the 14-42mm, which I think I already own with the E-M5. The thing about the 17mm kit is it costs about US$160 more than the 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II R.

I am a zoom user, and don't use primes much but I do realize going with the 14-42mm to save some money, I am actually buying a duplicate lens. It will get used, no doubt, as the other 14-42mm is usually on the E-M5...

I use it for classes I facilitate, shooting students at work. Outdoors, I shoot street scenes and whatever I happen to fancy when I have one of my camera's with me.

Whatever you think and share, my thanks in advance!

daniel/Singapore

I would get the 17.  If you do shoot on the street, having an almost 35mm equivalent is invaluable.  Also having something you can use in low light is great.  I know noise performance is getting better by the generation but being able to keep it under ISO1600 if you can will do wonders for you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow