Street photo - C&C welcomes

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ARB1
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,051Gear list
Like?
Re: Do's and Don'ts
In reply to reginalddwight, 11 months ago

http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2010/06/21/100-things-i-have-learned-about-photography/

Eric Kim makes some good point about street photography and one is:

#66. Shooting photos of homeless people in an attempt to be “artsy” is exploitation.

I always try to be aware of that fine line when I'm out shooting folks on the streets, but at times it can be a very fine line.

This guy preaches on the streets every morning and is always at rest in the evening, kinda like he used all his energy saving the world earlier in the day, so I felt a bit more comfortable shooting him at this point. The fact that he had headphones on helped ease my mind also. If he had looked like he was really on the skids I probably would have passed on taking the shot.

Also, he will never ask for money but just hands out flyers and preaches to those passing by.

Resting Preacher

__

Allen

ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow