Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
1prime
Contributing MemberPosts: 834Gear list
Like?
FF vs 7x?
11 months ago

Some of us are about to order the Nex-7 Replacement (x?) next week (we hope) in the face of the FF announcement arriving a few weeks later. I wonder if our logic is out of whack, especially if we are buying Zeiss lenses to go with the 7x. Will the advent of the FF cause the 7x to be obsolete? I'm thinking who needs 36-42 MPs of the FF if the largest print will be 36"?; and who needs to pay close to $3K for a camera body (hoping the 7x will come in under $1400); and will the new APS-C sensor be adequate for most of us? I have yet to read a thorough post on the relative values and differences between these two upcoming concepts. But maybe such a post can't be written before we play with the product. I spoke today with a pro using a Cannon FF to video, but he wasn't aware of the NEX products and couldn't explain why the FF was better than the APS-C. I'm hoping to learn here.

-- hide signature --

1prime

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HeckNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow