ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MIngegneri
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Action photography and Olympus
11 months ago

Hi,

I've been an Olympus fan for many years and I'm hoping to stay with the brand if possible.

I do some action photos (ballroom dancing - fast moving subject, less than optimal light situations). I've had an E-520 for a long time, I love it but this type of photography is beyond the capability of the camera. I think the sensor on the camera is going because they quality of the photos have rapidly deteriorated over the past couple of month (even with a sensor cleaning). The camera just can't produce a quality photo if there is any motion by the subjects.

I've concluded that I need to plan for new camera in 2015.

I've been using for lenses an Olympus 40-150mm and a Zuiko 50-200mm. I would be great if I didn't have to buy new lenses along with a new camera body but if I do, so be it.

Any recommendations on a camera setup ? I'd like to know if anyone uses their Olympus for action photos, if you have any examples you'd be willing to post it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, looking forward to your response.

Marian

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow