Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ashgupta61
Regular MemberPosts: 119Gear list
Like?
E-5 Auto ISO in Manual mode
8 months ago

I have never used an SLR in anything other than aperture priority and occasional shutter priority mode. Was always reluctant to learn exposure in manual mode. So there is the obvious appeal in utilizing auto ISO in lieu of learning proper exposure or maybe using it to actually learn exposure because I would be looking at the suggested ISO. The next step would be to play around with adding flash and controlling flash compensation.

I assume it is not the default setting because somebody utilizing manual mode is expected to know all about exposure. In my case I don't have that knowledge and simply want to control both the depth of field and exposure time without having to think about what ISO would lead to "correct" exposure. I could simply use center weighted metering on the area of interest and fix the rest in Lightroom.

Would welcome any tips from anyone who has utilized this approach or pointing out any flaws in it.

-Ash

ashgupta61's gear list:ashgupta61's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Fujifilm XF1 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 +6 more
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow