If Apple abandoned Aperture.....

Started Aug 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
Re: If Apple abandoned Aperture.....
In reply to Tom_N, Aug 25, 2013

Tom_N wrote:

Mac OS X includes disc burning software. The Finder can burn data DVDs. iPhoto can burn CDs and DVDs for viewing with other copies of iPhoto. iTunes can burn CD-Audio discs and data discs containing MP3/AAC files. Disk Utility can burn .DMG images to DVD.

I did not know any of that. Thanks for the information.

What's gone (since Apple dropped iDVD) is a way of authoring DVD-Video discs. Mac users have a right to be upset about the removal of this important feature. But as far as I know, there never has been any DVD-Video authoring capability in Windows Explorer.

No, but I don't need that. I already have video format conversion software and it will change a regular slide show (of, say, .mov format) into regular VOB format on disc. Then all you have to do is burn the folders to a dvd and you are done.

In fact my video conversion software will create, on disc, both regular VOB and blu-ray formats and just burning them to disc will create a playable dvd or blu-ray.

This Microsoft help page for Windows 7 seems to agree, saying that "If you want to create other types of discs, such as a DVD-Video disc (to play in a regular DVD player) … you'll need to use a different program or feature of Windows."

Yes, but again, if I have the folder format already created copying it to the disc will create a playable dvd.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow