Started Aug 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trevor Carpenter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,475
Like?
EVF WYSYWIG
Aug 25, 2013

Some clarification would be useful. There s much discussion amongst the EVF haters on this forum and the Oly 4/3s forum and often the subject comes up that the haters don’t like EVFs because they compensate to show you what the end product will look like, when in fact, my G5 doesn’t do that and unless I’m missing something never has. Some moons ago when I had an FZ50 which did have this functionality, one of my biggest disappointments was that I wouldn’t be able to have that with a DSLR and when I moved again to micro 4/3s I thought I would get it back but not as it turns out with my G5.

Unlike the haters I would really like this function. So is it the case that some micro 4/3s do and some don’t. If so which ones do and don’t.

What I do have on the G5 is the instant reply function which is incredibly helpful in showing me that I have just taken some disastrous shots so that I can take it again at the correct setting. What I like about this is that I don’t even notice it happening but it’s just long enough for my subconscious to register. A great example of this today when I was shooting a butterfly and a blade of grass which didn't look out of place completely ruined the shot when the long zoom and out of focus impact appeared. I was able to move to the right and retake, brilliant. With an OVF, I wouldn't have noticed.

-- hide signature --
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow