If Apple abandoned Aperture.....

Started Aug 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tom_N
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,437
Like?
Re: If Apple abandoned Aperture.....
In reply to MikeFromMesa, Aug 25, 2013

MikeFromMesa wrote:
Disc burning software is certainly included in Windows and, in fact, is part of the Windows Explorer. Apple discontinued it with no Mac replacement.

They should have told me when I talked to them at the Apple Store. I was talking to the techs about saving slide shows to disc and no one bothered to tell me that there was no disc burning software included in OS X. Perhaps you don't think it is important but I do.

Mac OS X includes disc burning software.  The Finder can burn data DVDs.  iPhoto can burn CDs and DVDs for viewing with other copies of iPhoto.  iTunes can burn CD-Audio discs and data discs containing MP3/AAC files.  Disk Utility can burn .DMG images to DVD.

What's gone (since Apple dropped iDVD) is a way of authoring DVD-Video discs.  Mac users have a right to be upset about the removal of this important feature.  But as far as I know, there never has been any DVD-Video authoring capability in Windows Explorer.

This Microsoft help page for Windows 7 seems to agree, saying that "If you want to create other types of discs, such as a DVD-Video disc (to play in a regular DVD player) … you'll need to use a different program or feature of Windows."

Microsoft - Windows - Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Explorer

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow