Conimbriga with E-510+14-54mm (warning: 12 pics)

Started Aug 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photophile
Forum ProPosts: 12,906Gear list
Like?
Conimbriga with E-510+14-54mm (warning: 12 pics)
Aug 25, 2013

First of all, apologies for the long absence. I´ve been in job seeking mode lately - hence the lack of participation in the forum. Needless to say in these austere times, I haven´t splurged out on any new equipment - but I at least last week I managed to get out and about with my existing gear  It was a scorching hot day, but the wife and I decided to visit Conimbriga - just a 15 minute drive from her parent´s house!

Conimbriga was a bronze age/iron age settlement - until the arrivals of the Romans around the first century AD. A sizeable stone-constructed city took shape over the next 200 years (which eventually morphed into the city of Coimbra today).  But once the Roman Army left in the 3rd Century AD, the straight roads, thick walls and tall columns were left to ruin. It wasn´t until the late 1930´s that excavation work started to unearth the Roman part. Below are a few shots of the area. Floors remained well preserved, but walls didn´t fare too well and and rooves vanished over the millennia.

Now though - its back to the job hunting. One interview lined up on Tuesday 3rd September - not that far from Coimbra!

-- hide signature --

AH

photophile's gear list:photophile's gear list
Olympus Stylus 840 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-750 UZ Olympus E-500 Olympus E-510 +5 more
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow