Looking for an unbiased opinion on a FF camera system.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
coloradosnowman
Regular MemberPosts: 177
Like?
Looking for an unbiased opinion on a FF camera system.
11 months ago

I love my Olympus equipment, but I don't love the potential of never being able to upgrade to an E-7. So I am thinking of adding a FF system to my arsenal, to compliment my 4/3rds gear. I will keep my E-5 to get me that extra reach when I need it.  I have ruled out the D-800 because it seems to be more of a tripod and landscape camera and I shoot wildlife. I also don't want that many pixels. I have seriously considered the D-600. In fact I started a thread on the Nikon forum a few days ago. I was close to pulling the trigger on this camera. I don't know that much about Canon except that the 5D Mark III is pricey. I was in Mike's camera in Denver yesterday and one of the salesmen that I like to work with suggested the Sony A99. I love the in camera stabilization. I even think that I like the EVF. The lenses seem good, if not harder to come by. I strongly considered this camera in the past and am looking for opinions of it. Should the Sony A99 become my second system?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow