More specs on ILC-3000

Started Aug 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
seachicken2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,683Gear list
Like?
Re: More specs on ILC-3000
In reply to Keit ll, Aug 25, 2013

Keit ll wrote:

IBIS may not be useful for current Sony lenses but for legacy lenses used with an adapter it is going to be terrific !

Yes, terrific, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. On the SLT's there's no way to tell the camera the focal length of the lens that's attached (and IBIS needs this to work properly). If Sony goes the same route with the E-mount bodies, IBIS will only be useful for E- or A-mount lenses (or chipped legacy lenses).

I am not sure what to expect. On the one hand, Sony like forcing people to use their own stuff; on the other, they put focus peaking into the NEX bodies making them a lot more capable at focusing legacy lenses, and I believe this did them more good than harm.

-- hide signature --

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
Douglas Adams

seachicken2000's gear list:seachicken2000's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow